Monday 25 March 2013

....A Billowy Blouse?

And so to my latest dilemma. Fantastic silver fox (FSF) is taking me out for dinner to celebrate my birthday.  Like any BestDressedBabe, immediate thoughts turn to what-to-wear. If the weather was warm and spring-like, I've got numerous options but given the wintry blast, my options are somewhat limited. I think our dinner date is somewhere fairly nice, but hip enough that I can still wear my favourite dark skinnies. Just need a pretty long-sleeve billowy blouse to complete the look.

Back in Jan I saw the Ted Baker NITI safari print zebra blouse (£89). It's really pretty, sheer, with 3/4 sleeves but perhaps a bit summery given the current weather. Off I headed to Edinburgh's West End Village on Friday afternoon (cutting it a bit fine with dinner the same evening but I was on a mission).

First shop I dropped into was Sam Brown Boutique.  A small boutique with an array for floaty floral print tops. Lots of Great Plains & Avoca lining the rails. I explained my predicament to the owner. She immediately offered to go downstairs and dig-out an AW12 silk blouse from French Connection. It was one of those "I've got just the thing" sort of moments....and what a surprise this blouse turned out to be. I would never in a million years have picked this off the rail but somehow it just works. Best thing is the price, £150 reduced to £35. Not bad for pure silk & French Connection. Makes the Ted Baker blouse seem expensive at £89 given its polyester!



Here's the final look for our dinner date....

Blouse French Connection, Beanie Jigsaw, Jacket & Shoes Hobbs, Belt Boden, Handbag Prada

NB: Dinner date was to Purslane, Stockbridge. FSF heard about it on the grapevine. We had a sublime 3 course dinner, best I've had in ages. I choose a cauliflower panna cotta for started and sole for main. The sole looked so pretty-almost like white marshmallows on the plate. Really small an intimate. Definitely want to go back.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Happy Birthday! X

Vanessa said...

Beautiful outfit...I like your blog.^^
Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
Let me know follow you then back.
Lovely greets Nessa

Unknown said...

Thanks Vanessa, had a quick peek at Circleofchaos blogspot. What a fab blog. Love the artwork on the left-hand side of page-great drawings. Who did them? Gute Nacht! Jx ps I love feather jewellery, check out Alex Monroe for his nature styled jewellery. You could follow me on bloglovin too?

Vanessa said...

Thank you sooo much for the follow and your lovely comment.;-)
Sure,follow you back on bloglovin.
Lovely greets,hope you visit my blog again.