Friday 15 March 2013

....In search of the perfect white tank

Been on the hunt for a white vest, the kind every woman needs in her wardrobe. My problem is this.  At 5"7 I don't have the longest legs in the world, but I do have a fairly long body. As a result most vest tops are either too short (finish way above the waist) or ride up. The other problem is that I'm looking for a nice clingy cotton mix that isn't like the usual cheap vest tops that you find in Topshop etc -you know the culprits-cotton so transparent there's no point wearing the vest or nasty ribbed fabric.

I was in high hopes when I stumbled across this £25 Whistles Ella Pima white vest. Looked perfect online but couldn't have been more disappointed when it arrived. Totally translucent, fabric so cheap that they can't possibly think people would pay £25!!! Shame on you whistles. Plus, it was miles too short in the length. What an insult and disappointment.

So my search continued.....

Then I remembered Jigsaw's modal lace trim vests. I own about 5 in various shades and length wise they are great. The only snag is the empire hemline line below the bust.  It's very visible when worn under tops-not a flattering look. At £24 though, they're certainly good value compared to the whistles version.

Search continued......

Then I found it...my perfect vest in H&M for the princely sum of £5.99! I don't believe it. It's Pima cotton (95% organic/5% elastane) and a lovely quality, not see-through at all and a great length with plenty of spare material to stay in place and not shimmy up above the waistline.

Take a look....and then head to H&M

Vest H&M, Belt Joseph, Necklace Phase 8, Bag Kate Spade
Vest H&M, Top Zara

Vest H&M, Top Oasis

Jx
NB: Vest comes in a range of colours

1 comment:

Helen said...

Just goes to show you don't always need to spend a lot of money to get the perfect item. I wonder how it'll wash and wear though!?

Like the new look blog! The flowers are really pretty!